Split tube furnaces of the NACHST range use free radiating wire elements embedded within the insulation of the furnace body. The benefit of this design is its flexibility; with the use of tube adapters the same furnace can be used with a variety of tube diameters.
These furnaces comprise a furnace body which is hinged and split into two halves along its length. This makes exchange of work tubes easier and also enables the furnace to be used with reactors or work tubes where end flanges would make insertion into a non-split furnace difficult.
This range of split tube furnaces does not include an integral work tube and one must be selected as an additional item. The work tube length is dependent on the application eg for use with modified atmosphere or vacuum. The use of a separate work tube has the advantage of protecting the heating elements from damage or contamination.
- 1200°C maximum operating temperature
- Accepts worktubes with outer diameters up to 110 mm
- Heated lengths of 200, 300, 400, 600, 900 mm
- Horizontal furnace with a separate control module on a 2 metre conduit
- Furnace splits into two halves to accommodate work tubes or samples fixed into a test rig
- Wire elements in high quality vacuum formed insulation ensure fast heat up, excellent temperature uniformity and short cool down times
- Carbolite 301 controller, with single ramp to set-point & process timer
Options (specify these at time of order)
- Insulation plugs, gas tight end seals and vacuum connections available
- Wide choice of tube diameters and materials is available: eg quartz, ceramic, metal
- Over-temperature protection (recommended to protect valuable contents & for unattended operation)
- Available with 'L' stand kit for vertical and horizontal use
- Control module on longer 6 metre conduit
- A range of sophisticated digital controllers, multi-segment programmers and data loggers is available. These can be fitted with RS232, RS485 or Ethernet communications
- 301 Standard Controllers
- nanodac Record / Control / Programmer
- 3216 Programmable Controllers
- 3508 Programmable Controllers
Content may be subject to modifications or corrections