1. Safety glasses and shields should be used during any pressure filtration operation.
2. To avoid personal injury, be certain all pressure is released from the Pressure Vessel and the system before disassembly. 3. For liquid use only.
1.The Pressure Vessel is supplied with the four ports labeled (Inlet, Gauge, Relief, and Outlet), partially assembled, and accessories included. The threaded connections are supplied with PTFE tape.
2. The Inlet and Relief ports are supplied with a Tubing Adapter and a Relief Valve loosely secured in place. The Flow Shut-off Valve is packaged separately with a Hex Female Coupling and a Hose Barb Adapter loosely secured together.
3. These parts are hand-tightened only. Use of the Pressure Vessel in this condition is not recommended. All parts and connections should be removed and cleaned prior to use, including the outlet coupling and male threads on the pressure gauge.
1. After flushing the Pressure Vessel, remove all components from the ports using an appropriate wrench. Also, remove the coupling from the outlet. Remove dip tube with the coupling. 2. Make sure all the parts are accurately identified for correct reassembly after cleaning.
Instructions for Use 1. New equipment should be meticulously cleaned prior to first use. This will ensure all chemicals, buffing compounds, mold release agents, grease, oil and other materials associated with the manufacturing process or packaging are completely removed. See cleaning instructions below. 2. Assemble all component parts, and use PTFE tape on all threaded connections. Use a wrench to attach the components to the Pressure Vessel. Remember to attach the O-ring to the Pressure Vessel lid. 3. Fill the Pressure Vessel two thirds full with the liquid to be processed. Replace and firmly secure the lid. 4. Using compressed air, charge to a pressure of at least 1.4 bar (140 kPa, 20 psi). Do NOT exceed the recommended pressure of 7.0 bar (700 kPa, 100 psi). 5. The Pressure Vessel is now ready for use. Note: Equipment used in the filtration process must be thoroughly cleaned immediately following use. Special care should be taken with surfaces that come in contact with the liquid being filtered. The use of proper cleaning and maintenance procedures is essential for ultra-clean or sterile applications. If all surfaces are not cleaned immediately after use, residues from the previously processed liquid may dry and adhere to the equipment, making cleaning more difficult and possibly causing corrosion of the metal parts and contamination of the filtrate.
Cleaning Instructions Do not use hydrochloric acid with any stainless steel apparatus. 1. To clean the Pressure Vessel, scrub all surfaces with hot water and a nonabrasive cleanser. Use a brush with nylon bristles and a wooden or plastic handle to scrub metal surfaces. Pay particular attention to threaded fittings and other hard-to-reach areas. Use a sponge to clean O-rings and gaskets. 2. Rinse thoroughly. Flush each part first with hot tap water, follow with a cold tap water flush and finally rinse with filtered deionized water. 3. Allow to air dry. 4. Because of the vinyl base and pressure gauge, autoclaving is not recommended. 5. Store equipment in a dry, clean condition until next use
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) coded.
Provided with pressure gauge, safety relief valve, flow shut-off valve, and hose barb connectors.
Designed for processing small batches of liquids for sterilization or clarification.
Broad chemical compatibility with corrosion-resistant Type 316L stainless steel construction
Specifications Materials of Construction Housing:
Electropolished type 316L stainless steel
Base: SS 316L
Dimensions (nominal) Housing Length: 15220: 21.1 cm (8.3 in.)
15207: 38.4 cm (15.1 in.) 15203: 56.6 cm (22.3 in.)
Housing Diameter: 23.3 cm (9.2 in.)
Inlet/Outlet Connections Accepts 9.5 mm (3/8 in.) ID tubing
Maximum Operating Temperature 38 °C (100 °F) at 10.7 bar (1070 kPa, 155 psi)*
Minimum Operating Temperature -29 °C (-20 °F) at 10.7 bar (1070 kPa, 155 psi)*
Sterilization Provided non-sterile. Because of pressure gauge,
autoclaving is not recommended.
Sprayer Dispenser (39302114)
Used to spray concentrated jet of ultra clean solvent or rinse solution on surfaces for cleaning. A-one filter holder with support screen Pressure Up to 5 Bar, Wetted Part SS With 25 mm Gun Holder
*For safety, the supplied pressure relief valve is preset at 7.0 bar (700 kPa, 100 psi)