Drying Time Recorder
- 3 standard models available:
- BK3: 6 tracks, 3 selectable speeds: 6, 12 or 24 h.
- BK6: 6 tracks, each pair of tracks is driven by an Independent motor, this allows different test start times. 1 speed: 12 h.
- BK10: 10 tracks, same as BK6, 1 speed: 12 h.
- Special speed combinations with 6, 12, 24, and 48 h. also possible, to be specified when ordering
- Optional 6 x 5 g. brass weights to increase test pressure
- Simple maintenance & easy to clean
- Standard delivery: recorder, set of 6 (or 10) needles, pack of 6 (10) glass strips
- 240 V/50 Hz or 110 V/60 Hz*
A reliable apparatus to test the drying time or gelation behavior of many paints and coatings, applied onto a glass strip of 300 x 25 mm (12 x 1) by means of our cube applicator.
Hemispherical needles travel on these test tracks, over a selected time: 6, 12 or 24 h. The drying time stages can be easily assessed with the graduation scale (according to traverse speed configuration):
- Evaporation of solvent: deep pear-shaped impression
- Sol-gel transition: continuous track
- Surface dry: interrupted track
- Final dry time, the needle no longer penetrates the film